The aim of this course is to provide an understanding of the Abrasive Wheels Regulations as amended by the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998, instructing delegates in all aspects of the correct mounting, setting and use of Abrasive Wheels. (Appointed Persons)
We can conduct this training at your premises only.
The course will comprise of theoretical and practical instruction covering the following:
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and PUWER 1998
- Operators safety code
- Pre-use checks
- Correct PPE selection and use
- Storage and handling of abrasive wheels
- Examination and testing of wheels for damage
- Removal of wheels, selection (including marking system), testing and mounting of new wheel, and spindle speeds
- Resetting rests and guards
- Correct techniques relative to the working environment
Upon successful completion of the course ITSSAR accredited certification will be issued.
Our standard rate is £280 per course for up to 6 candidates.
With effect from 1st January 2015 there is also an additional one-off charge of £4.50 per person, where applicable, for ITSSAR registration.
There is a supplementary charge of 45p per mile which will be made for all training conducted at a distance of more than 30 miles from our centre.
All fees are subject to VAT.